Katie Taylor, the 3 time World Lightweight Boxing Champion, spoke to Action81.com for the latest episode of the Prawn Sandwich Show. This episode features the full audio from Taylor’s Q&A session at the launch of her new ad with Lucozade Sport. In the podcast she talks about:
- The pressures on being Ireland’s best hope for gold at the 2012 Olympics.
- Staying focussed on Boxing as her media profile increases.
- Rebounding from her recent defeat in Bulgaria and the issues with judging in Boxing.
- Having to choose between Football and Boxing, having reached a high level in both sports.
- Thoughts on turning pro and the path from here to the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
To hear the full podcast press play below. Action81.com’s Emmet Ryan gets the session under way by asking Taylor about being Ireland’s most high profile sports person entering an Olympic Games since Sonia O’Sullivan in 1996.
Check back later for footage from Taylor’s new Lucozade Sport ad which features Tinie Tempah and Travis Barker from Blink 182.
Special thanks to Cóilín Duffy for editing the audio on this piece.